I used the Western Spaghetti video from PES as inspiration for a crazy recipe task…
The basis of the task was for students to…
1) choose a dish they know well, write down the ingredients
2) think of a theme (sports, school, music, etc)
3) relate each ingredient to the theme – so for a school theme bread might be an exercise book, pepper might be chopped up pencil lead, etc
4) Write the recipe and illustrate
5) post-it note vote on the best/strangest recipe
Svetlana’s post came along at the perfect time for our module on cooking. It was a great end of term task for the students. They produced some really creative work that on the whole was pretty accurate and included plenty of target language for cooking processes. Thanks for planning my weekend lessons Svetlana! I guess that was a gift from one British Council to another!