I take on materials development work for free sometimes. I appreciate that not everyone has time to do that, can afford to, or might want to. I choose to do it for different reasons.
- It might be for a good cause – I don’t get many requests like that, but it has happened in the past.
- It might lead to paid writing work.
- It might help my professional development.
- It’s good for networking.
- I don’t have any contracts on and just fancy keeping my hand in with something.
Here are some (TRUE!) examples of how offering my materials development services for free has been worthwhile:(more…)