This is a new series of blog posts for teachers looking to become materials writers. It aims to help future writers explore topics and issues in writing, encourage deeper insight into the content of published materials, and promote a principled approach to materials development.
Read this extract then answer the questions.
- What is the International Birdman?
- What does the competition involve?
- Why do birdmen attempt to fly off the pier?
- Where is West Sussex?
- When did the event first move to Bognor Regis?
- What do you think of the above questions?
- What’s wrong with Question 4?
- How effective is each question for checking understanding?