General authoring / editing
Pearson International: Lead Author on Edexcel-endorsed student book for IGCSE ESL (New syllabus for first exam June 2025). In progress!
Ellii: Author of Academic Vocabulary (EAL) and Discussion Starters resources since January 2022.
Hatriqa: Author of Football English workbooks for Elementary level.
Prosperity Education: Co-author of IELTS Reading Practice student book, B2+
ESL Library: Author of a new Functional Business English series (B1/B2)
Richmond ELT (Mexico): Flipped classroom and mindfulness resources for Amaze Teacher’s Guide (Primary)
Multilingua: Content for a language learning app – learn English through football (B2).
Onestopenglish, Macmillan ELT: Author of Live from London Business English series. Everyday Life series, and contributions to Online Education series. See examples here.
Eduland Writing Project: Short stories with comprehension activities for YLs, China market.
Macmillan ELT (China): Author of online lessons supplementing two CLIL-based primary coursebooks in the Light Up Science series.
Pearson ELT (USA): Co-author of the global coursebook Startup Level 8 (C1+)
Cambridge University Press: Adapting a YL coursebook (B1) into virtual lessons for mass online market in China. Included scripts for animations.
Macmillan ELT: Digital resources for Language Hub, a global adult blended learning coursebook (A2-B2).
Pearson ELT: Copy edit of a YL coursebook, adapted for the Turkish ELT market.
Peachey Publications: Co-author of 30 Role Plays for TEFL.
BBC Learning English: Pilot video scripts for a new General English series (not sure whether that saw the light of day in the end to be honest!).
British Council (contracts):
- Writer of Video Zone lessons for LearnEnglish Kids/Teens/Adults.
- Consultant for content review, Academic and Exam Skills supplementary booklets for Secondary Plus (B2.2, C1).
- Author of Academic and Exam Skills supplementary booklets for Secondary Plus (B2.2, C1).
- World Cup themed lessons for global myClass product.
- Author of myClass, a global, task-led syllabus for adult learners taught in around 15 countries. I helped increase our offer at Elementary level (+30 lessons) and added Culture and Academic Skills lessons (+50 lessons) across levels A2-B2.
In-house writing work at the British Council included…
- myClub Pronunciation – a series of supplementary pronunciation-focused lessons for all levels. myClub was an optional add-on for myClass students.
- Primary Club – supplementary resources for young learners attending Primary Plus courses at the BC.
- myClass – enhancements to existing myClass lessons based on feedback from teachers around the region.
I have contributed to various industry magazines. You can find example articles here. I have also written for Nexus Education, EAL Journal, Cambridge World of Better Learning blog, and others.
I have worked on various projects for schools, companies, publishers, and ministries of education. These have included:
- devising EAL policy for schools
- syllabus mapping
- syllabus and content reviews
- devising national curriculum guidance
Recent projects with TransformELT
- Collaboration with Cambridge English and Assessment and the National Foreign Language Project Vietnam to produce guidance for Primary/Secondary teachers on embedding formative assessment strategies in their context.
- Mentor on a training programme (British Council) for Community of Practice leaders at institutions in the MENA region.
I have been interviewed by various bloggers about teaching and materials writing. Examples include…
Interview with Monica Ruda-Peachey
Interview for The International Schools Podcast about the PGCEi.
Interview with Michael Griffin on his great blog.
I recently appeared on ELTea Time chat with Macmillan Asia. Here’s the recording:
Webinars / Talks
I very occasionally do webinars and talk. Here is a recording of one on formative assessment:
Member of IATEFL MaWSiG
Member of ELT Publishing Professionals
Associate Consultant with TransformELT
Associate Consultant at ELT Consultants